Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dear Costa Rica

The time has come for me to say goodbye. It seems bittersweet to leave as I am sad to leave my new friends, and so excited to be back in Minnesota continuing with my life as a teacher.  The goodbyes here have seemed to last a life time, as I have left part of my heart with all my new children at Jardin Central and with all the wonderful teachers and staff there.
Thank you for all the beaches; puerto viejo, carillo, punta uva, manzanillo, samara, manuel antonio, jaco, punta leona.  Thank you for the excitement of riverrafting in the tenorio river and sharing it with my mom, what an exciting time.  Thank you for the volcanos; Arenal and Irazu they were full of beauty, I was so happy I was able to share the experience of Arenal with Adam.  Thank you for reminding me that I do not like little dogs, and I love DJ, my big dog at home.  Thank you for showing me an experience of a different world of education and pushing me to realize it is not wrong just different. Thank you for all the teachers at Jardin Central who were oh so caring and welcoming every single day, even if at times I didn't understand a word they were saying. Thank you for all the Spanish, the new words, the naughty words, and of course the awful subjunctive that continues to haunt me in my sleep.  Thank you for the sun, so hot that it bite's your skin every time you walk into it and colors your skin red or a deep chocolate brown. Thank you for my Costa Rican Family, Flor, Rafa, Kathy even though it has been hard for me you have gone above and beyond in making me feel part of the family, you have shown me the way you live your everyday lives and accepted me into your own as your hija.  Thank you for reminding me I do not want a life that does not include my love, Adam.  It is time for me to go. Thank you for all the experiences, good, bad, difficult, and wonderful.  Thank you for teaching me Pura Vida.
Con Mucho Mucho Amor,
Pura Vida
Breanna

*Minnesota here I come*

No comments:

Post a Comment