Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last Weekend

This has been my last weekend here in Tres Rios.  I was contemplating traveling, but decided to stay here to get some stuff done and ready to go for the big trip home on Thursday.  We had a three day weekend as there was no school on Friday.  I am starting to feel like I will be quite sad to leave all of my students this week as a lot of them seem to really love me!!!
My friend Carmen and I have been walking at a track everyday to keep busy, as well as running errands around Tres Rios.  Yesterday I paid my exit tax so I don't have to do it at the airport, I also found gifts for my co-operating teacher, and we saw a move, Horrible Bosses or in Spanish "Quiero matar mi jefe".  It was a pretty funny movie, it was nice to see something light hearted.  
This evening I am heading over to Carmen's home to help her make Sopa Azteca, it similar to tomato soup but with Chicken and cheese and tortilla chips, it's quite delicous but takes a couple hours to make. 
This week my computer died so I have no photos to share with you, and I have been slacking on the blog posts. 
I have finished the actual teaching part of my student teaching and start to re-observe for my last three days in the school starting tomorrow.  It feels pretty good to keep checking things off my list. 
I hope this finds you all well!
See you soon Minnesota :)

No comments:

Post a Comment